Beneath this bowl of stars...

toddler activites, food, photos, and other orbital occurrences

Early last week Amber had a photo shoot to be put into the model book for a local children's photographer/talent agency. I signed her up to do it mostly because I just needed something to do, but also on the off chance she might get a job. I put off the appointment until Amber's Nainai was here because the studio is located in the middle of nowhere and I didnt like the idea of getting in a taxi alone going to some warehouse when I cannot talk to the driver and know nothing about the place I was going.... not to mention finding a taxi home. I figured with NaiNai around, we could at least tell the driver nevermind, take us home. Luckily she was with me because the driver had a hard time finding it and we drove in circles for a while, and it was a scary location (not crime wise, just deserted warehouse building area far far off the main street. They put Amber up on a white stage with white all around her started snapping away. They used a feather on a fishing pole, bubbles, a squeaky duck, a toy car, and a real white bunny to get her to smile. It all happened really fast and then we were back in a taxi headed home. We got a cd of about 300 pictures that they took and a huge poster print of one of them.
Then last Saturday while we were tree shopping, I got a call that they had a job for her! We went to the job today. We rode in the car for well over 2hrs to a town called Pinghu. Another child, Joshua who was 5 also came along. During the drive Amber developed her first crush. Joshua was singing, in true 5yr old form, "Life is a highway" and Amber was glowing from ear to ear.... she could not take her eyes off him or stop smiling.

To be cont....

0 comments: