Beneath this bowl of stars...

toddler activites, food, photos, and other orbital occurrences

Recently bedtime has been a breeze.... as long as I follow the routine, carefully laid out by Amber. Around two weeks have passed since our last crying episode which resulted in a new step in the routine. Today I was just thinking how nice it was to just be able to get her to bed without all the stress and tears (starting the whole process each night is another story). Tonight as I am walking up the stairs after closing her door, I hear the dreaded wails from her room. I waited for a few min, but decided to go talk to her rather than risking that she get out of bed to come to me. I stood at the door and told her that we are not playing games and it was time for bed. She then said "Mommy, you have push the green button and text message Aaron!" I said, "What?" "you have to text message Erin". "Who's Aaron?" "You have to say I love you". "Uh, Ok, to Erin?" "Yes" ... "Is Aaron your imaginary friend?" "uh-huh". After I agreed, she let me leave and went to bed. ... tomorrow night, I had better not forget to promise to text Erin on my way out of the room!

0 comments: